Wednesday 10 September 2008

What's it all about?

Although I was relatively young (22) when I took the leap into self-employment, I could have done so many years before had I been able to access knowledge and support that I now know to be freely available.

When I should have been revising for GCSEs I was drafting up a couple of websites in raw html, which were, in essence, social networking sites. I owned the domain school-leavers.com and uni-leavers.com and, whilst there could have been some objections from UniLever regarding the latter, I was onto a sure winner if you consider the phenomenal take-up of social networking sites in recent years.

I would like to prevent other young entrepreneurs from missing opportunities through lack of awareness, by providing funding and support through the SmarterGroup.

No comments: